IT IS EASY TO FALL IN LOVE, THE HARD PART IS TO FIND SOMEONE TO CATCH YOU…
With the release of the movie ‘Mere Brother Ki Dulhan’ this week and me doing exactly the same job over the last 3-4 months, to look for a bride for my elder brother… going through girl’s profiles, photographs, talking to parents, I realize that it has become so difficult to find that one ‘Tailor made life partner’ we all look for. Getting the horoscope matching done is another tedious work with some 36 ‘Gun’ (qualities) according to Hindu tradition deciding the degree of compatibility between the two would be partners.
Due to lack of interest in committing to anybody before I feel settled career wise (actually I’m really shit scared to go through a heart break), I willfully didn’t be in any relationships till now. Well, I am 24 now, a Doctor, somewhat financially secure for the future (eventually all Doctors make money) and so I decided to flaunt my singlehood status now which reads “Single & Ready to Mingle”. I really want to meet someone unexpectedly and fall in love rather than have a boring arranged marriage (My parents are mentally prepared now for a shocker sometime in future from me). According to all parents, the ‘Tag’ of caring, loving, understanding, trusting, loyal and a good cook comes free with every girl but I’m looking for a more customized Dream girl that I have waited for 24 long years.
The following are not in the order of priority but spontaneous as they pop up in my head while writing this. My list is negotiable though…
1) Educated – Medico / Non medico but should be a bright girl throughout.
2) Creative – Should be a very creative person. Painter/artists/singer/dancer preferred.
3) Beautiful, Fair, Pretty – To me, real beauty is in being simple rather than looking sexy and hot. Women look awesomely prettier in a saree and open hair.
4) Adventure freak – Considering my craziness for all sorts of adventure sports and outdoor activities, would prefer someone who shares a common passion.
5) Prankster – To spic en up the day to day life.
6) Good dressing sense and have a fancy for shopping – I’m equally good in them.
7) Willing to play cards and board games and fight – I’m a veteran cheater at those.
8) Sensibly talkative.
9) Non smoker – Non drinker (socially acceptable) – Used to be applicable for guys before but the changing lifestyle of girls now perplexes me often.
10) Should Love children and not think they are a pain in the ass.
11) Respect elders in the family – Even today, a Namaste and touching the feet mean more to me than a Hello or a hug.
12) Religious – I believe in Humanity alone.
13) Writer – Being expressive of day to day thoughts, not keeping any feeling hidden in the heart, sharing happiness and sorrow equally.
14) Love pets and natural beauty. I plan to have dogs, fishes, birds and a pair of turtles as pets later.
15) Believe in a healthy lifestyle and staying fit.
16) Down to Earth having no attitude what-so ever about anything.
17) Keep home clean – I’m obsessed about it. (My wardrobe and study shelf stay perfectly arranged perennially)
18) Always stay smiling, cheerful, chirpy and have a positive attitude towards life.
19) Lover of Music and dance – Musical instruments and classical dancing appeal to me.
20) Good family background – Children from broken homes and a hard childhood have some psychological residual effects.
21) Enjoys watching movies and sports.
22) A good cook because a way to a man’s heart is through the stomach.
23) An overall interest in extracurricular activities / An all rounder – Interest in public speaking, quizzes, debates and other activities.
24) Clean ‘Past History’ – Some might think its narrow mindedness, but it is important for me. I’m sure, plenty others like me waiting for just that 1 special person.
25) Most important of them all – Loving, supportive and adjusting in nature.
Well, its a long list and seems quite impossible to find someone so perfect…but I believe that someone somewhere out there is waiting for you.
A small poem to conclude these thoughts :-
Nanhi komal yeh palken,
Na jane kiski aas lagaye baithi hain,
Ek aahat ka hai inhe intezar,
Yeh sochta hun main kai baar…
Bandhe hain maine bhi ummedon ke taar,
Na chodi hai aasha, na manta hun haar,
Ki swarg ke dwar khol koi pari aayegi,
Meri bhi zindagi mein char chand lagayegi…
Kaash mera yeh paigam,
Kisi tarah uss tak pahuch jaye,
Sunte hee yeh pukar woh meri,
Baahon mein daudi chali aa jaye…
i think u'll be marrying 25 girls….this reminds me of a myth..draupadi in her previous avatar wanted her husband to b righteous, brave, strong, good-looking and tolerant…hence, in her avatar as draupadi, she is married off to 5 husbands..
Yeh sab toh Rakhi Sawant hee kar sakti hai :p
d poem s nice…bt d list s too long….anyways…good luck….
Waaah waah. .mohit miyaaan…tum toh chaaa gaye ustaaad…I jus can't believe ur actually expectin from ur "dreamgirl"…lol…keep her in ur dreams onlyy…cuz in reality ull hv to marry 25 diff gurls fr 25 different "gun"..hehe…but I must say…lotta dreamin haan…bdw I can say..yeh tere padhaii ka kamaal hai…love n romance at its peak..while u stdyin..lol..
Bas aur positive nahin bola jaata..cheque jama kar dena.. haha…. lol…kiddinnnnn
GIRLS…..HIT ON!!!! :p
so nce poem…….hope u will get ur sweet pari so soon…..:)