Life is so beautiful and I feel blessed to be who I am…It has been an awesome 25 years of life going through all sorts of ups and downs but the spirit is still high and I’m just loving its every phase now…I’m doing what I always loved, Emergency Medicine along with the writing, guitar, tennis and the little meditation I always do.
Looking back into time, my entire life moves in front of me in flashback which brings a smile to my face and few tears too. The following are the random most memorable highlights of this awesome journey.
1.Driving at speed of 170 km/hr while coming back from work and feeling the adrenalin rush. Driving surely will always remain my first love.
2. Jogging every morning on Modak Sagar Dam during my rural posting with arms outstretched and feeling the breeze…..It sure was heavenly.
3. Starting Faking News: Doctor’s Lounge…It makes me smile so much, brought me more acclaim and recognition and pushes me further for pursuing imaginative and creative awesomeness.
4. Blogging at odd hours past midnight being all psychotic….messimerizing.
5. Riding 100-150 kms per day on my way to Vaitarna, Khardi and near by places.
6. The hugs, smiles and tears shared with many patients.
7. The feeling of passing MBBS and celebrating my Birthday the next day.
8. The applause, the echo of the claps every time I have been on stage….I close my eyes often to relive them again.
9. Playing the best Table Tennis in top form with Mihir Dalal, Shiva Seth, Kunal Suradkar and Mayank Gupta.
10. The convocation ceremony and the nostalgia of 5.5 years that it was all over.
11. Forming Band Ignition and performing during college festival…. It sure will remain the most memorable thing that happened to me…. actually to us all.
12. Taking to my Grandfather, holding his hand and kissing him on his forehead 2 days before his death.
13. Arranging the 1st alumni party and bringing together around 200 ex students for the first time.
14. Reading Arun’s article on me ( Faking News ) and laughing so much.
15. Sleeping with my 2 young dear cousins hugging me tightly from either side.
16. My dad just before his bypass surgery telling my mom, “Hanuman Baba sab theek karenge”…even today it brings tears to my eyes.
17. Participating in Channel V Panga and a patient in LTMGH actually recognizing he had seen me on TV.
18. The days as the head boy of my school- the mini celebrity for the tiny tots wanting to shake hands with me after the assembly each morning.
19. Participating in various inter school competitions and winning allocates.
20. Running from the college Boys common room to Kings circle station crying all throughout after knowing my dad had a heart attack.
21. Participating in Bombay Medical Congress in final year…. and celebrating the team spirit although we did not win in spite of being the truly deserving.
22. Playing my acoustic guitar in dim light and enjoying the loneliness.
23. Playing with my cousins Kartik and Kaustubh and clicking their photographs.
24. Participating in a rally after the Mumbai attack, standing on divider at Gateway of India and shouting slogans against politicians and Pakistan.
25. Each and every day spent at my native place, “Khekra” a small town in U.P…..they are my readily available happy thoughts. Any time ever I feel low in life, I just think about my grand parents, gardening, cycling, skating, cricket in the huge house we have there.
Well, needed to pen down the important ones so I can smile reading this later in life….I’m sure there are plenty of memorable moments more to come and I will be waiting to welcome them with arms wide open.